Reporting to the College of Business (COB) Dean, the Supervisor/Manager of Executive Education & Development will launch and grow the new Alfaisal University Executive Education Center in the College of Business. The supervisor/manager is ultimately responsible for growing executive education sales revenues by building a pipeline of highly customized, intimate programs for specific audiences in non-degree executive education. While this will primarily be for the College of Business, the supervisor/manager will also work on soliciting and securing philanthropic funding and resources, Advancement is integral to the success of the academic priorities of the University’s colleges, units, department and programs. He/she is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and steward alumni, constituents and stakeholders and Advisory Council Members including working with high net-worth individuals to secure gifts for the College of Business. He/she is also responsible of marketing the college to extend scholarships and also the college website and brochure and their improvements.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- The supervisor/manager will be developing market intelligence, addressing competitive providers, benchmarking, preparing and implementing the annual executive education plan, and conducting site visits to major corporate clients. He/she is also responsible for marketing strategy, including development of marketing materials, advertisements, and the executive education web site. In conjunction with the Dean, he/she will start, build, and work with the Center’s Advisory Board.
- Proposal development, prospecting, and managing client relations, program marketing, and managing the evaluation and follow up reports on each program, so as to meet cost and revenue budgets and goals. The manager will also create and manage a plan to attract, work with, develop, and assess the performance of faculty and outside providers responsible for delivering a marketable selection of executive education courses and services. As the center grows, the supervisor/manager will acquire management responsibility for support staff
- The supervisor/manager will also provide professional support covering all aspects of executive education for the COB in open admission, custom company-specific and sector-specific programs. This includes supervising the process of preparing material for executive education programs which will enhance the image of Alfaisal University and exceed the expectations of the Center’s clients
- The supervisor/manager Works with college senior administrators and faculty to identify and define priority needs to be funded through private support. He uses knowledge of planned giving vehicles (bequests, trusts, and charitable annuities) to suggest giving opportunities to potential donors that maximize donor intent as it relates to University objectives.
- The supervisor/manager prepares proposals for donor prospects. Determines purpose, timeframe, giving vehicle and solicitation level of ask for verbal and written proposals based on assessment of the prospect’s interest and capacity for giving
- The supervisor/manager helps to manage, identify and orient board members, leads board meetings, and evaluates board performance. He prepares volunteers to participate in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts as needed
- The supervisor/manager may execute special campaigns on behalf of the College related to faculty, staff, young alumni or capital projects. He involves and interests prospects in the mission, life and priorities of the College. Determines ways to cultivate individual prospects
- The supervisor/manager uses knowledge of university, campus and college and knowledge of fundraising policies to ensure timely, accurate responses to request for information
- The supervisor/manager determines during initial visit with prospect if ongoing contact will likely lead to a major gift. Through subjective evaluation, assesses prospects interest in and capacity for giving and matches it with funding needs of the university
- The supervisor/manager works collaboratively with other development officers across campus to devise strategies for all aspects of donor cultivation and stewardship for prospect proposals that involve more than one college. He adheres to established fundraising goals including but not limited to prospecting, visits, proposals and dollars raised
- The supervisor/manager is also part of the COB’s External Leadership Team, whose mission is “to improve the reputation of the COB by strategically building relationships and credibility with external stakeholders.” This is a unique, creative opportunity for the right candidate to develop and launch highly visible programs for the community on behalf of College. He/she is to look after all brochure and the maintenance and update the website of the college
- Get to know CoB strategic plan (mission, vision, goals, plans) and its time line and use it in doing the tasks described above
- Familiar with the college programs, and the college facility and staff
- Work with his/her colleagues in Alfasial University to coordinate and to have healthy competition
- Learn all what is possible on the local culture, news, businesses, charitable contributions and contributors
- Connect well with all the local media (newspapers, TV stations, Radio) and all local events and conventions
- Maintain excellent relations with CoB Advisory Council and CoB graduates
Education & Experience
- Master Degree ( Preferably in Business )
- Five years or more of experience are preferred.
- Good Public Relations qualities
Please upload CV in ENGLISH ONLY
- Outgoing, excellent commend of Arabic and English. Sensitive to the cultural, gender and age issues. Willing to sometimes work in non-regular hours.