The Physics Department invites applications for a full-time male Physics Lab Instructor. Physics Lab Instructor is expected to teach Physics Labs (mainly for college of science and college of engineering students). He is also expected to support Physics Faculty in their research and perform tasks as assigned by Physics department head. The details of the qualifications required for the position and the related job responsibilities are listed below. The start date is:
16 August 2020 – Fall Semester
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF document on the link https://jobs.alfaisal.edu/site/cos and include:
- A full curriculum vitae,
- A statement of teaching and research experience
- Contact details of at least three references
Applications will be reviewed immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please include the position title in the subject line of all email correspondences.
- Master’s degree in physics, or other closely related disciplines.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in physics laboratories.
- Excellent (spoken, written and reading) communication skills in English.
- Experience with data-acquisition and data-analysis software.
- Prepare labs syllabi.
- Prepare experiments and test them.
- Deliver laboratory sessions, including pre-laboratory presentations.
- Assist students in all aspects related to the labs and the related courses.
- Assess students’ performance using the assessment tools as described in the Labs’ syllabi (quizzes, lab reports, exams, etc.).
- Keep record of students’ attendance.
- Prepare laboratory course portfolios for the labs by the end of each semester.
- Evaluation the quality of the labs and suggest updates to ensure their quality.
- Documents information by maintaining logs and equipment record books.
- Place orders for the necessary equipment.
- Ensure compliance with the university’s safety regulations.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the Physics Labs.
- Act immediately on any potentially dangerous situations.
- Assist in proctoring exams as assigned by the College scheduling representative.
- Support Physics faculty in their research.
- Perform tasks assigned by the head of Physics department.
Alfaisal University is a private nonprofit, co-ed, dynamic institute of higher education located in the heart of the capital city of Riyadh, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. English is the medium of instruction. For more information, please visit us at: http://www.alfaisal.edu.