The Communications & Network Technician is responsible for operating tools and equipment used in the installation of high-speed data communications networks; certification of the physical network utilizing current technology test equipment; network installation scheduling; computer and network management operations, organizes and maintains network supplies documentation and computer center related inventories.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs installation of network hardware and software systems (LAN/WAN) using expert knowledge of LAN/WAN architectures and data centre management (design, implementation, and management).
- Operates and monitors network diagnosis and management hardware, software, and related equipment including line scanners, line testers, optical scanners, voltmeters, microcomputers, other related devices.
- Performs designs and implementation of LAN/WANs using manageable switch and router technology.
- Evaluates LAN/WAN hardware and software requirements and capabilities related to user needs and makes recommendations.
- Applies configuration administration process to back up the existing setups and configuration of existing IT infrastructure system before performing the modification or upgrade.
- Identifies and investigates IT security risk / exposure for new and existing infrastructure and recommends appropriate corrective actions for IT security incidents.
- Monitors and quickly identifies potential problems to keep network devices from failing unexpectedly.
- Performs site network proposal walk through, creates and proofs network plant proposals for participating sites utilizing software that creates graphical representations of communications networks.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates daily schedules for all network physical plant installations.
- Recommends improvement of communications networks installation procedures, methods and controls.
- Troubleshoots network physical plant problems and carries them through to complete resolution.
- Maintains an advanced and current level of technical knowledge and skills involving networking design, architecture, implementation, and troubleshooting used in communications network cabling.
- Utilizes software and hardware network management tools for problem isolation and resolution.
- Installs network related hardware and software including network interface cards, hubs, routers, and bridges.
- Performs all duties in a professional, components, and confidential manner.
- Performs all other related duties as required or assigned by the manager.
Education / Licenses & Experience
Please upload CV in ENGLISH ONLY
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or equivalent from an accredited institute.
- Minimum of (4-5) year experience in information technology organizations or related fields (Desirable).