Laboratory Specialist prepares the laboratory demonstrations according to the standard policies and procedures. Performs varied support activities, orders, and maintains inventory of supplies and equipment’s related to the department. The laboratory Specialist is responsible for repairing, reordering, maintaining, and organizing all the material and equipment in the Research Laboratory. In addition, to assist, when required, the faculty in preparing for laboratory sessions by removing equipment from where it is stored, setting up equipment for student use, and returning physics equipment and material to designated storage locations after use.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, assists, and supervises students in preparing laboratory set-ups and takedowns in the assigned area and the equipment maintenance.
- Schedules work to ensure that instructional materials are ready when the instructor needs and construct training aids and specialized equipment.
- Participates in meetings which focus on the needs of students; set ups work areas and prepare materials and equipment needed.
- Receives, issues, stores, and cares for materials, parts, and supplies; maintain accurate records; research and takes bids on materials and equipment purchases as needed.
- Manages and monitors the ongoing research activities of the core laboratory.
- Provides technical support to all equipment available in the laboratory that requires maintenance or installation.
- Supports interested faculty involved in research by maintaining glassware, logs, and record books, troubleshooting, and resolving problems, and helping with special projects.
- Keeps laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipts.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Resolves problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Performs all duties in a professional, effective, and confidential manner.
- Performs all related duties as required or assigned by the manager.
Education & Experience
Please upload CV in ENGLISH ONLY
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent from accredited institute.
- Minimum of one to two years of experience high-performance computing, in addition to demonstrable knowledge in either AI, machine learning, analytics, or other related fields.