The position aims to support the College of Business (CoB) in developing best practices and quality education services. These services must be aligned with the ongoing engagement to obtain AACSB and the NCAAA accreditations. CoB has already taken active steps to establish the center of quality assurance and accreditation (QAA office) managed by the Vice Dean for Quality Assurance and Accreditation. The office has plans in place to start rigorous processes of obtaining AACSB accreditation. The worker in this position will work under this center and shall be responsible for supporting all relevant activities, such as liaising with other parties, managing the logistics, gathering data, analyzing and documenting the data, managing the AACSB and NCAAA standards for accreditation, and supporting all QAA activities. These activities may be scheduled or ad-hoc requested from the NCAAA or central QA office at the AU.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the director of the quality assurance and accreditation (QAA) center to manage the day-to-day activities to achieve the expected objectives of the accreditation-related projects.
- Develop, communicate, and manage appropriate policies and procedures for effective management of accreditations-related projects (e.g., Quality fo Assurance AoL), as directed by the director of QAA.
- Proactively provide support services to the QAA center to ensure compliance with the AACSB and NCAAA (National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment) need and the related university policies and procedures.
- Adoption of advanced technologies for managing all accreditation-related information for ease and secure access by all authorized staff.
- Liaise with external parties, agencies, and accreditation bodies to ensure excellent collaborative and mutually supported approaches for achieving accreditation objectives. For this, the appointed supervisor must have a full understanding of the accreditation standards to ensure full compliance with all areas and published changes.
- Liaise with internal offices and committees (within the college and the university) to coordinate accreditation activities in a consistent approach.
- Develop and communicate progress and status reports in a timely manner with the director of QAA, executive management, and other key stakeholders. These reports must include essential details for full visibility of progress with adequate measures taken to identify and manage associated risks.
- Support and document financial budget and expenditures to manage all accreditation matters. Regular and updated information must be provided to ensure adequate budget and resources are assigned to the accreditation projects.
- Promote best practices to create a supportive accreditation environment to engage all relevant stakeholders internally (within the CoB) and externally in the wider prospect of involved parties. This includes all faculties and engaged staff who are aware of the purpose and details of the accreditation process to enhance chances for achieving targeted accreditation. For this purpose, the appointed manager will develop and participate in delivering accreditation awareness sessions to a targeted audience and repeat these sessions as required to ensure the successful completion of the accreditation projects.
- Update all published information (e.g., on the website, internal, or external) to ensure consistency and accuracy with the actual project development and authorized changes.
- Follow and adhere to the university code of conduct in managing gathered information and access to available resources.
- Develop and administer appropriate tools (e.g., surveys) to gather specific information from the targeted sample population.
- Assess and electronically enter accreditation information in the relevant forms and seek approval of the head of accreditation before submission.
- Arrange external visits to selected universities and agencies as directed by the director of QAA. Manage visits by external parties to the university for accreditation purposes. For all such activities, detailed reports must be developed with minutes, lessons learned, and recommendations.
- Adopt a collaborative approach in working with all parties involved to ensure all gathered data is well integrated through all stages of planning, gathering, compiling, and delivery.
- Manage all introduced changes supported by effective communication with all parties to ensure integration implementation of the changes.
- Demonstrate strong commitment and dedication at all times by providing quality services with suggestions of initiatives for ongoing development and effective management of assigned tasks.
- Quality assurance on developing, implementing, and managing the internship’s related policies and procedures by the internship office.
- Attend workshops provided by the NCAAA and transfer gained knowledge to the college to improve the governance practice of quality assurance.
- Maintain a central repository of all quality assurance documentation, such as pre-and end-of-semester portfolios.
- Collect CoB-relevant data using internally developed Excel-based applications and ensure it is kept up to date at all times.
Education & Experience
Please upload CV in ENGLISH ONLY
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Quality Assurance, or equivalent from an accredited institute.
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified associate in project management (CAPM) by Project Management Institute or equivalent (Desirable).
- Minimum of six (06) years of experience in an educational institution, quality assurance and accreditation or any other related field.