The Research and Engineering Programs Specialist is responsible for providing comprehensive coordination and support for research initiatives and engineering programs within the organization. This role involves working closely with research teams, faculty, and program managers to ensure smooth operations, effective communication, and successful implementation of various projects. The Specialist will contribute to the growth and success of the organization by providing expertise in research administration, program management, and technical support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Accounting Assistants prepare financial documents such invoices, bills, accounts receivable, accounts payable, purchase orders, payroll, reports, and other financial records for entry into computer software. They also do bank reconciliations and assist in the preparation of budgets and reports. Some of main jobs are as follows:
- Coordinate and support research activities, including proposal development, project planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Collaborate with research teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and institutional policies.
- Assist in managing research grants, contracts, and funding opportunities, including tracking budgets, expenditures, and financial reporting.
- Provide administrative support for research-related events, such as workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Assist in developing and implementing research strategies, goals, and objectives in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Serve as a point of contact for internal and external stakeholders, facilitating effective communication and collaboration.
- Support the coordination of engineering programs, including curriculum development, course scheduling, and student advising.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process for research and engineering program participants, including students, faculty, and research staff.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams to develop and implement strategies for promoting research and engineering programs through various channels, including social media and websites.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to researchers and program participants, ensuring smooth operation of equipment, software, and lab facilities.
- Maintain accurate records, databases, and documentation related to research projects, programs, and participants.
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in research and engineering, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Performs all other related duties as required or assigned by the manager.
- Performs all duties in a professional, effectively, and confidentially.
- Maintains records and files correspondence related to departments and updates participant files.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Engineering, Science, Business Administration) is required. Master's degree is preferred.
Please upload CV in ENGLISH ONLY
- Proven experience in research administration, program management, or a related field.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Knowledge of research regulations, ethics, and compliance standards.
- Familiarity with engineering programs and educational requirements is an asset.
- Technical proficiency in relevant software and equipment used in research and engineering.