Accounting Specialist (NAC#290621)
Department: Office of Research & Graduate School
Reports to: Associate Vice President of Research & Graduate School
Job Summary: The Research office and Graduate School needs to Keep accurate records of incoming and outgoing payments whether its internal or external payments, the accounting specialist will collaborate with team members to provide necessary financial reports also, review financial information and documents quarterly and annual basis.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for data entry of payments, bank deposits.
- Reports; extracts general ledger information and reconciles bank statements.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with
policies and procedures.
- Reviews, ensures approval, prepares, processes, reconciles and provides receipts (as
appropriate) for transactions.
- Assisting in day to day activities of the accounts/finance department.
- Generates various reports and ensures accuracy, e.g. , accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Performs cash accounting and bank reconciliations for effective cash management activities.
- Maintains, compiles and reviews data within spreadsheets and/or databases.
- Assists with training of new staff members & provides guidance to junior employees.
- Help in making decisions to control the general budget
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting , Business Administration or equivalent from accredited institute (Essential).
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in Accounting, Finance, payroll and invoices , or related fields (Essential).