Administrative Assistant-(COSGS) #171120
Department: Humanities and Social Sciences
Job Family: Admin. & Support Services
Reports to: Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing complex administrative support for department management. Coordinating and overseeing the work of support staff.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Answers phone and screens visitors; provides detailed information regarding services and explains procedures; may provide advice; refers call to appropriate person if more information is needed; takes messages; responds to the more difficult inquiries and requests; serves as informational resource to staff.
2. Creates and updates unit’s files purging inactive files and maintain unit’s computerized databases.
3. Monitors inventory and supplies; prepares requisitions and orders supplies.
4. Drafts a variety of correspondence and memos for supervisor’s approval; types and proofreads manuals, books, and other material and creates forms for Department use
5. Responds to complex inquiries and requests; serves as informational resource to staff.
6. Prepares contracts and rate schedules for employees, coordinates payments and researches and resolves discrepancies.
7. Receives data and checks for accuracy and enters it into computer system; may create, update, and maintain files and databases.
8. May perform a variety of administrative tasks including scheduling and maintaining calendar, making travel arrangements, scheduling and coordinating meetings, and processing time sheets and attendance reports.
9. Provides clerical support for committees, special projects, and task forces.
10. Assists in proctoring Exams in Department/College.
11. Assists in coordinating and running Exams Soft.
12. Attends to any other tasks required by the Department /College.
13. Performs all duties in a professional, effective, and confidential manner.
14. Performs all other related duties as required or assigned by the manager.
• Department Head
• Department Employees
Education & Experience
English Language proficiency level:
- Bachelor degree in IT or any academic degree with IT skills
- 1 – 2 years of related and relevant experience.