Admissions Assistant [Male Only] (NAC#040919)
Department Enrolment & Registration
Reports to: Enrolment & Registration Manager
Job Summary: The Admissions Officer is responsible for Performing and/or coordinating a variety of activities involved in the recruitment and selection of student applicants for admission in line with the University’s overall policies and procedures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates all activities involved in the recruitment and selection of student applicants representing a targeted constituency for admission to Alfaisal University.
- Represents and recruit’s prospective students for the University at various events such as college/career fairs by being available at a designated spot to answer questions about all areas of the University from students and parents, and at high school visitations or at other events by giving presentations in a variety of settings and groups (large, small, one-on-one, with and without parents, classrooms).
- Processes daily applications, enrollment, grading, and graduation documents into students’ files and into Alfaisal University computer system.
- Serves as resource for other admissions office staff regarding programs or issues affecting constituency group.
- Serves as reader for all applications from constituency group to ensure consistent review of qualifications.
- Secures alumni volunteers and coordinate their efforts in support of admissions functions, assists in and conduct training and orientation sessions for members of alumni admissions advisory committee, guidance counselors and other officials to ensure active alumni recruitment of students.
- Analyzes qualifications of prospective students utilizing established University’s admissions standards, guidelines and criteria.
- Submits evaluations and recommendations to the Director of Undergraduate Programs admissions regarding admissibility of applicants.
- Corresponds with prospective students, applicants, University alumni, guidance counselors, members of University community, and others seeking information on admissions standards, academic and non-academic programs and student activities.
- Assists in the recruitment efforts by traveling to high schools and community colleges throughout the Kingdom, visiting with prospective students and families, and participating with and planning campus events
- Represents Alfaisal University to local, regional and national admissions and related organizations.
- Ensures completion of students' admissions files and assisting students with initial registration process.
- Meets, discusses and implements issues dealing with students issues transferring from / to the University and effectively manage new student inquiries.
- Enrolment & Registration Manager
- Deans of Facultiess
- Student’s Parents
- Alumni Volunteers
- Government and Semi-Government Entities
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field (Business, Management Studies etc.) or an acceptable equivalent.
- 3- 4 years of related and relevant experience, preferably in educational institution or acceptable equivalent.