Faculty Positions in Architectural Engineering at College of Engineering #031218
The Architectural Engineering Department at Alfaisal University invites applications for full time positions. Specific positions and areas of interest include:
Applicants must submit digital copies of all the following:
- Faculty Member (Masters or PhD degree holders), should have a proven ability to teach the following courses: Architectural Design Studios, Drafting and Drawing, Construction Drawings, Architectural Engineering Capstone Project, Quantity Surveying, Environment Economics and Policy, Project Management and Economics, Building Energy Management, Indoor Air Quality Engineering, Electrical Installations, and Building Services Engineering.
- Instructors (Master’s degree holders), should have a proven ability to help in teaching the following courses: Architectural Design Studios, Drafting and Drawing, Construction Drawings, Interior Design, and Architectural Engineering Capstone Project. Preference for candidates with architectural engineering background, with teaching experience in western institutions. Candidate should also showcase a proven record for engineering practice in his/her studies and professional records.
- Cover letter
- A full curriculum vitae
- Portfolio containing both
Proof of promotion for Associate or Professor ranks
Contact information for three references (mail, telephone, and email)
- Examples of his/her own design works and students works that (s)he may have taught;
- Personal creative activity, scholarship, research, and/or professional work related to area of focus
Applications will be assessed as they are received and the positions will remain open until filled or the search is closed. Both genders are welcome to apply. Currently, male and female students are enrolled in the College of Engineering.
You may send any inquiries to email@example.com
The remuneration package includes an internationally competitive salary, housing allowance, and medical insurance.
Alfaisal University is a young and fast growing university located in the capital city of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It was founded in 2008 as a private not-for-profit Institution, where English is the language of instructions. It consists of four colleges: Business, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Science. The College of Engineering has been offering a wide range of degrees and programs through a blend of rigorous and project-based curricula. Currently, the college offers bachelor’s degrees in Architectural, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical and Software Engineering. These programs meet the highest international accreditation standards such as ABET. In addition, a master’s degree in Engineering & Systems Management is being offered in collaboration with the Centre for Complex Engineering Systems (CCES) at KACST (King Abdulaziz City for Science & Technology) and MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology). The College of Engineering faculties come from around the world. All of whom have brought with them a wealth of experience and the latest educational technologies to their classrooms Riyadh is a modern and attractive city at the political, economic and cultural hub of Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Coast Countries. Because of the large, well-established expatriate community, English is commonly spoken by service providers at retail outlets, hospitals, etc. The climate in Riyadh is very comfortable during the fall and spring semesters and is similar to what you would experience in the southwestern part of the United States. There are numerous, world class education options for the children of Alfaisal faculty and the proximity of Saudi Arabia to other middle-eastern, European, and Asian popular travel destinations makes it an ideal location for someone that would like to experience new cultures.