Conference & Events Supervisor (NAC#160622)
Department: Marketing Communications
Division: External Relations
Job Family: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing Communications
Location: Alfaisal University - Riyadh
The Conference & Events Supervisor serves as the primary point of contact for all aspects of event planning for Alfaisal University. This position will coordinate and supervise, from inception through execution, a high volume of large and small events for the University, its colleges, and departments ranging from and not limited to Conferences, Forums, Expos, Ceremonies Special Delegations, and Board level meetings. The position coordinates all event support services, planning security logistics, ensuring housekeeping coverage, and working with internal and external vendors to secure event rentals, catering, technology, and other needed materials. The position also requires a full coverage of the events and activities to be highlighted in a timely manner on all digital platforms, press, multimedia to uphold and enhance the image of the University. You will be the representation of the department at all key events and activities and possess excellent Arabic and English communication skills. You will be reporting directly to the Director of Marketing Communications and supervising key staff in this unit to develop coach and deliver.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the planning & execution of the annual conferences, activities colleges and University internally or external with detailed action plan, and high exposure on all other digital platforms where needed.
- Develops a calendar of university activities in a timely manner from the start of the academic year, highlighting University, college, and students' activities to be shared internally with team on a weekly basis and is fed and posted in the weekly news wire.
- Prepares and builds on templates for conference, event proposals, budget, event evaluation forms and surveys, policy, and procedures.
- Produces event reports on all events supported or initiated with post-event evaluation reports, including attendees' feedback surveys.
- Identifies outreach opportunities for collaboration and partnership that will position Alfaisal and enhance its image through events/activities or visits.
- Represents Alfaisal at all external, national, and international events, conferences, etc.
- Responds to all event/activity’s submissions to all internal and external requestors providing resources and advice for Alfaisal staff on proper execution and event planning details to ensure adherence to established protocols and practices.
- Manages Media Consultant with all event coverage for events and activities.
- Manages two annual ceremonies from planning to execution under Marketing Communications Director, and assigns, follows and updates GC committee in timely manner.
- Advises on campus and particular event protocols, reviewing written materials, and providing recommendations as needed to ensure that the campus's mission, goals, and objectives are met.
- Supervises the team members' performance with weekly and quarterly reviews and annual appraisals with the line manager's feedback.
- Assigns tasks and follows up on all deadlines with subordinates.
- Guides and coaches' employees/team to ensure support is available and training needs are met, conveying development requirements to line manager.
- Identifies vendors and negotiates contacts to create a database directory for mailings and others that can be easily accessible and utilized.
- Develops and monitors event budgets to ensure cost control. Maintains a monthly budget for expenses incurred, all events have a budget assigned and forecasts budget needs for next new year.
- Performs all duties in a professional, competent, and confidential manner.
- Performs all other related duties as required or assigned by the line manager.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATES
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Relations, or equivalent from an accredited institute.
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) by Project Management Institute or equivalent (Desirable).
- • Minimum of eight (08) years of experience in Marketing or Public Relations or related fields.
Please upload CV in ENGLISH ONLY