Fundraising Officer (NAC#160620)
Reports to: Head of Department/Division/College
Job Summary: The Fundraising Officer is responsible to assist with campaign and development activities, coordinate the prospect research and update records for major gift prospects and donors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Prospect research and update records for major gift prospects and donors regularly.
- Support the activities of the campaign (e.g. develop proposals, campaign materials, overseeing campaign events, etc).
- Oversee and support with the prospect meetings and briefings.
- Prepare thank you and follow up letters for the potential donors.
- Prepare solicitation briefings for volunteer and university solicitors; prepare campaign materials, presentations, translations, and communications.
- Maintain an electronic database of the prospects contact information and the gifts status.
- Work in partnership with office staff to ensure that relevant systems and records are updated in a timely and accurate manner so as to offer a high standard of service.
- Records, types and edit letters, reports and prepare documents for the department as necessary and maintains relevant filling systems for the department.
- Participate in daily/annual office responsibilities including attending and taking minutes of meetings; preparing biweekly reports, etc.
- Vice President of Development
- Director of Development
- Development Officers
- Development Assistants
- University administrators, deans, faculty and staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 2 years of related and relevant experience.