Marketing & Public Relations
External Relations & Advancement
The Graphic Designer is responsible to evaluate client needs, conceptual ides, and create visual designer using sophisticated computer equipment and software programs to produce artwork for marketing materials within established budgets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Meets with college or department representatives initially to determine needs, budget and deadlines; meets subsequently to discuss changes and finalize project.
- Researches and studies ideas related to each assignment and project; conceptualizes original work to communicate intent of assignment/ project
- Designs a wide range of artistic and creative material, e.g. catalog, poster, brochure. Billboard, SM graphics. Etc. using sophisticated computer equipment and software programs.
- Produces art for assigned projects by following a pasteboard technique on the computer, and finalizes in a manner that is ready for printing
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, chooses color/s and arranges layout based upon available space.
- Completes pre-press check by ensuring colors and saturation are exact, overlap properly and do nor leave gaps, and ensure inks are solid and in the correct place.
- Coordinates with facility department and Printing agencies representatives on printing specification and layouts.
- Develops themes and creative concepts for department reports
- To ensure that all artwork fall in line with universities visual identity guidlines
- Ensures that a log of all assignments are kept and manages workflow presenting a weekly status report
- Produces a monthly report on all the completed assignments