Library Officer (Female) (NAC#011019)
Division : Library
Reports to : Director of the Library
Job Summary: Alfaisal University Library seeks an innovative, service-oriented female reference librarian who will develop information resources for the Medicine, Business, Sciences and Engineering colleges.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expert reference, instruction, outreach services
- Develop, catalog, and manage collections
- Address the learning, teaching, research needs of faculty and students and keep up-to-date with professional activities and trends affecting librarianship.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing, and evaluating collections in the areas of Business, Engineering, Science, and Medicine.
- Serve as library liaison to colleges, which offer curricular programs ranging from undergraduate through master.
- Provide proactive support for research and scholarly communication to students and faculty
- Participate in general and specialized reference and research services, as well as providing in-depth consultation with faculty and students in liaison colleges
- Develop and maintain a web presence for assigned subject areas.
- Develop, plan, conduct, and assess library collection and instruction for relevant areas.
- Work collaboratively with other subject selectors, faculty, students on collection development activities by selecting print and electronic databases, serials, books, and other formats, as appropriate, primarily in business, engineering, science, medical sciences, and in other disciplines, as assigned
- Assist in organizing the “How to Choose your Major Lecture” and broadcast the invitation to a huge number of high school students.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Director of the Library
- Libraries in other universities and colleges
Education & Experience
Please upload CV in ENGLISH ONLY
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science as minimum.
- 3 - 5 years of related and relevant experience in Libraries
- Fluent in English is a MUST