Media Communications & PR Protocol Specialist (NAC#190820)
Division: Marketing Communications
Job Family: Marketing Communications
Division: External relations
Reports to: Reem AlSaffaf
Present the university in front of all visitors, with the ability to give briefs and tours to all guests.
Conduct PR protocol servicing upper management internally and externally
Has professional media relation and communication in order for them to cover and support all our events and activities
Maintain excellent relations with all colleges and divisions of the university as he/she will need to cover all the services needed by them, these services should be known to all these departments
Manage the university’s Snapchat & Instagram accounts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the President’s office for all protocol services, VIP guest relations, media communications and adheres to a high level of PR protocol.
- Train designated team members on protocol procedures, to prepare and assign them when its needed.
- Cultivates and builds relationships within the university community to support and service needs of students, faculty and staff.
- Works closely with colleges, student associations, alumni to support and service media & SM needs, and highlight achievements in press, social media and other channels
- Develops annual media plan that highlights no of press releases on news, achievements, success and events.
- Develops and fosters relationships with media outlets, journalists and external stakeholders
- Prepares and distributes news releases, with campus counterparts when appropriate, that highlight contract wins, mou’s, important events , student/faculty achievements, events and other news worthy pursuits and aspirations of the University/colleges
- Announces all press/radio/TV coverage to all university community, through email, and social feeds
- Plans, coordinates & executes, all Newspaper/Radio/TV interviews for key persons at University
- Produces a monthly press report, and achieves press on website as and when news is published
- Maintains and updates PR & Media Directory database with internal listing, BoT listing and external.
- To be main point of contact for all media inquiries, answer to all inquiries and provide up to date information on the University.
- Develops and maintains a strategy to promote key activities in the eye of the media and build on relationships with key social media influencers
- Ensures that all leasing visits and enquiries are managed in a timely manner, executing the leasing tour with facility present and reporting it.
- Actively seeks opportunities for the university to participate/sponsor/with external events
- Actively seeks opportunities in bringing key events to the university that will raise our profile
- Maintains a database of all PR contacts for colleges, departments and university, and dignitaries
- Plans and executes condolences, appointments, announcements, and recruitment in Media
- Performs all other duties in a professional, effective and confidential manner.
- Performs all other related duties as required or assigned by manager.