Job Opportunities in the Deanship of Student Affairs department, Alfaisal University (NAC #21517)
Reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs, the Registration and Scheduling Specialist lead and coordinates with implementation of all aspects of Registrar’s course scheduling functions for Alfaisal University for full-time graduate and undergraduate students. Duties include; develop course and exam schedules for all colleges, general pool classroom (GPC) assignment and management, individual student schedules, and publication of the schedule of classes and room schedule. Works with the student information system (SIS) and the Student Affairs management system Blackbaud to create queries for reporting purposes and to resolve class and room conflicts. Acts as a liaison on behalf of the Deanship of Student Affairs with colleges and departmental contacts for course and classroom scheduling. Processes schedule change and new course requests in SIS and manages room assignments. Reviews and responds to emails related to scheduling and room reservations. The Registration and Scheduling Specialist provides exemplary customer service to faculty, students and staff and actively supports the goals and mission of Deanship of Student Affairs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- lead and coordinates with implementation of all aspects of Registrar’s course scheduling functions for Alfaisal University for full-time graduate and undergraduate students
- Monitors and verifies that course scheduling requests comply with the university policies and course scheduling guidelines.>
- Acts as a liaison on behalf of the Deanship of Student Affairs with colleges contacts to answer course and classroom scheduling inquires and troubleshoot system issues.
- Act as a principle coordinator for collecting classroom preferences from departmental contacts and programming them in the system.
- Utilizes Blackbaud’s room scheduling optimizer to assign courses to appropriate classrooms in the general pool classroom GPC and shared computer classroom inventory.
- Independently works to resolve any time/room/class conflicts.
- Add, modify, and delete courses in the system
- Evaluates low enrolment courses for threshold enrolment for room assignment in accordance with established scheduling guidelines.
- Generates overbooked room report and reassigns classes as needed.
- Provides weekend and holiday room utilization reports to Alfaisal University Security.
- Reports general pool classroom facilities/equipment issues and creates work orders as necessary.
- Supports Event Scheduling Specialist in completing event requests and room assignments for final exams as needed.
- Works with technical team to test and resolve reported issues, including the development and implementation of new location, building, or rooms in SIS and Blackbaud.
- Assists Deanship of Student Affairs with training departmental administrators with regards to course maintenance.
- Provides exemplary customer service to university faculty, students and departmental staff.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the Deanship of Student Affairs.
- Dean of Admissions & Registration
- ADC Committee
- Student Affairs divisions
- College Deans & representatives
- Office of Research & Graduate Studies
Education & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from an accredited University or College, preferably in Information Technology or any other related fields
- Minimum 3 years successful experience in academic scheduling in a higher educational settings
- Excellent Knowledge of computer applications
- High level of proficiency Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills in English (Both Written and Verbal )
- Proficiency in written/verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with departments, faculty, staff, and students in all matters pertaining to scheduling.
Please submit your CV, cover letter, teaching philosophy, research statement and copies of all university transcripts and diplomas at: