Research Officer (NAC) - #270220 [Saudis Male Only]
Job Title: Research Officer
Department: Office of Research
Job Family: Admin
Location: Alfaisal University - Riyadh
Reports to: Director of Competitiveness Center
Job Summary: The position aims to support the director of the competitiveness center under the Research & Graduate Studies. This includes developing best practices and professional competitiveness consultancy and management services. The position holder will also take active part in the on-going engagements to complete all projects with full satisfaction of internal and external agencies. The university has already taken active steps to establish the center of competitiveness which is chaired by a dedicated faculty member. The worker in this position will work under this director and shall be responsible to support all relevant activities; such as liaising with other parties, manage the center logistics, gather project data, analyze/document the data, manage required policies/procedures/standards, and support all activities to complete new and on-going initiatives/projects.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Support the director of the competitiveness center to manage the day-to-day activities to achieve the expected objectives of the center and stakeholders (internal and external).
2. Develop, communicate, and manage appropriate policies and procedures for effective management of the center related projects.
3. Proactively provide support services to the competitiveness center to ensure compliance with the external service providers, e.g. WEF (World Economic Forum) and SAGIA, and the related university policies and procedures.
4. Adoption of advanced technologies for managing all competitiveness related information for ease and secure access by all authorized staff.
5. Liaise with the external parties, agencies, and international bodies to ensure excellent collaborative and mutually supported approaches for achieving project objectives.
6. Liaise with internal offices and committees (within the college and the university) to coordinate accreditation activities in a consistent approach. 7. Develop and communicate progress and status reports on timely manner with the director of QAA, executive management, and other key stakeholders. These reports must include essential details for full visibility on progress with adequate measures taken to identify and to manage associated risks.
8. Support and document financial budget and expenditures to manage all competitiveness management matters. Regular and updated information must be provided to ensure adequate budget and resources are assigned to the all related projects.
9. Promote best practices to create supportive accreditation environment to engage all relevant stakeholders internally (within the CoB) and externally in the wider prospect of involved parties.
10. Update all published information (e.g. on website, internal, or external) to ensure consistency and accuracy with the actual project development and authorized changes.
11. Follow and adhere to the university code of conduct in managing gathered information and access to available resources.
12. If required, develop and administer appropriate tools (e.g. surveys) to gather specific information from targeted sample population.
13. Assess and electronically enter project and competitiveness information to in the relevant forms.
14. Arrange and manage external site visits to companies and related agencies as directed by the direct manager. Manage visits by external parties to the university for project management and discussions purposes. For all such activities, detailed reports must be developed with minutes, lesson learned, and recommendations.
15. Adopt collaborative approach in working with all parties involved to insure all gathered data is well integrated through all stages of planning, gathering, compiling, and delivery.
16. Manage all introduced changes supported by effective communication with all parties to insure integration implementation of the changes.
17. Manage all new initiatives and proposals on competitiveness within AU or/and external parties.
18. Demonstrate strong commitment and dedication at all times through provision quality services with suggestion of initiatives for on-going development and effective management of assigned tasks.
19. Quality assurance on the development, implementation, and management of the competitiveness proposal management and related policies and procedures.
20. Attend all workshops, meetings, and presentations arranged with SAGIA and transfer gained knowledge for personal development and to improve the governance practice of the competitiveness center.
21. Maintain central repository of all competitiveness documentation