Research Analyst Supervisor (NAC#260921)
Department: College of Business
Division: Corporate Governance Center (CGC)
Job Famiiy: Admin
Reports to: CGC Executive Director
Job Summary: The Candidate will Provide support to the Executive Director and be responsible for working on all aspects of the CGC’s projects and services including but not limited to the CG Index, which involves collecting and archiving data/information; scoring the performance and compliance of companies; analyzing the data (economic and statistical analysis) and producing and presenting reports in both Arabic and English utilizing Excel, SPSS, and PowerPoint. Additional responsibilities include Monitoring and Updating the CGC website and Managing its presence and communications on social media outlets; Follow-up and communication with Regulators and Clients; Event management for conferences and workshops. The job involves dealing with Regulators and Public Corporations and their financial and administrative information as well as with students seeking training and/or credentials in Corporate Governance. The supervisor can represent the Executive Director in some of his/her activities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The qualified candidate is responsible to work directly with the Executive Director of the CGC on all projects, services, and events. He or she must possess the demonstrated ability to take initiative, work both collaboratively or independently as tasks require. The following are the main duties:
- Collecting, compiling, verifying, and analyzing information from internal and external sources in order to build a sufficient database of information that address the various CGI model requirements. This task includes:
1- Collecting available data and documents needed for the assessment process of the CG Index. The data should be publicly available and easy to be obtain through company’s website and the Tadawul website.
2- Collecting data through communication with companies by email and telephone, requesting any missing data needed for the assessment. This includes existing documents and policies that are not published on their corporate website.
- Participating in the assessment process, by reviewing the collected information and applying it to the assessment model (scoring).
- Analyzing the data and information.
- Preparing and maintaining an Excel database.
- The candidate must have the ability to work on computer and deal with huge documents and data files and be proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SPSS and Adobe products is desirable.
- Preparing and presenting reports and presentations whenever needed in both Arabic and English.
- Professional writing and proofreading in both Arabic and English.
- Support managing all aspects of the planning and organization for the CGC’s annual international conference and other events with marketing, artwork, permits, fundraising, registration, and website management, etc.
- Collaborating within the CGC and with other Alfaisal University departments to promote the Center and its services.
- Monitoring and updating the CGC’s website and social media accounts as needed.
- Responding to and/or relaying queries received on the CGC website, social media, or by telephone.
- Ability to translate Arabic to English and vise-versa if required.
- The candidate must be able to manage multiple deadlines, possess strong organizational skills, and have the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Participating in meetings - Preparing for and actively contributing within meetings in a clear, concise and relevant manner.
- Work within the CGC team and collaborate with other Alfaisal University departments.
- Participate in communicating and coordinating with external clients from the government and private sectors such as the CMA, the Saudi Central Bank, and Publicly listed Corporations.
- Demonstrated excellence in working with Excel and PowerPoint (SPSS and Adobe Products are desirable)
- Experience in data analysis
- Event management
- Strong copy editing and proofreading ability (in Arabic and English).
- Excellent analytical and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to present research reports and develop presentations using PowerPoint in both Arabic and English
- Ability to manage and update the CGC’s website and social media accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work both collaboratively or independently as tasks require.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or another relevant field from an accredited college or university with few or more years of experience; an MBA or another relevant graduate degree from an accredited college or university is strongly desirable