Audio Visual Technician #(NAC #170319)
To operate, maintain and repair the equipment related to the Classroom and Auditorium AudioVisual systems including but not limited to Projectors, Amplifiers, Sound Processors, Podium and Smart Board.
- Set up and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for classrooms and auditoriums.
- Assists users / customer in the use of media presentation and AV system functionality.
- Operate AV Equipment
- Monitor the system to ensure the quality
- Diagnose and correct AV system issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve the problem of the Auditorium and classroom AV system during the events and lectures and monitor the equipment while in use.
- Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, LCD/Plasma Displays, sound system keyboards
- Operate media equipment including audio and video playback, monitors, lighting controls and computer equipment during program.
- Determines source and nature of equipment malfunction using diagnostic and application software to adjust, repair, and replace malfunctioning equipment.
- Liaising with third party engineers to carry out hardware servicing, repairs and installations.
- Prioritizes issues and escalating complex problems to IT Helpdesk Support Specialist.
- Works with both users and vendors to provide higher-level support in response to user problems and questions regarding application/system functionality, operations, input/output, reporting and general operational procedures.
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Extensive knowledge about the AV equipment of major brands
- Ability to Configure and program the AV equipment
- Ability to install the AV equipment
- Service Culture and user focus
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s preferably Diploma in Information Technology or other related field or equivalency.
- 4 – 7 years of related and relevant experience, preferably in university’s and schools environment.