Job Opportunities in the College of Engineering, Alfaisal University (COE #12217)
Alfaisal University is a young and fast growing university located in the capital city of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It was founded in 2008 as a private not-for-profit Institution, where English is the language of instructions. It consists of four colleges: Business, Engineering, Medicine and Sciences.
Riyadh is a modern and attractive city at the political, economic and cultural hub of Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Coast Countries. Because of the large, well-established expatriate community, English is commonly spoken by service providers at retail outlets, hospitals, etc. The climate in Riyadh is very comfortable during the fall and spring semesters and is similar to what you would experience in the southwestern part of the United States. There are numerous, world class education options for the children of Alfaisal faculty and the proximity of Saudi Arabia to other middle-eastern, European, and Asian popular travel destinations makes it an ideal location for someone that would like to experience new cultures.
The College of Engineering at Alfaisal University is seeking to fill positions at any academic level (Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Full Professor) to start in Fall (Sept.) 2017. The successful candidate is expected to make a significant contribution to the college’s educational and research activities and to build a strong, externally funded research program. In particular, candidates who have a proven ability to teach courses in any of the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Full-Time Faculty Member (use code: ARE-67) (ONLY Masters or PhD Holders), should have a proven ability to teach the following courses: Architectural History and Theory, Architectural Design Studios, Construction Drawings, The Built Environment, and Architectural Engineering Capstone Project.
- Full-Time Faculty Member (use code ARE-08) (ONLY Masters or PhD Holders), should have a proven ability to teach the following courses: Architectural Design Studios, Architectural Engineering Capstone Project, Construction Drawings, Architecture and Buildings, and Management Principles in Building Engineering.
- Full-Time Faculty Member (use code ARE-09) (ONLY Masters or PhD Holders), should have a proven ability to teach the following courses: Architectural Design Studios, Architectural Engineering Capstone Project, Quantity Surveying, and Project Management and Economics.
- Full-Time Faculty Member (use code ARE-10) (ONLY Masters or PhD Holders), should have a proven ability to teach the following courses: Architectural Design Studios, Interior Design, Architectural Engineering Capstone Project, Sustainable Buildings, Construction Drawings, and Building Acoustics.
- Full-Time Faculty Member (use code ARE-11) (ONLY Masters or PhD Holders), should have a proven ability to teach the following courses: Environment Economics and Policy, Project Management and Economics, Building Energy Management, Indoor Air Quality Engineering, Electrical Installations, and Building Services Engineering.
- Instructors (use code ARE-46) (Masters Holders with limited teaching experiences) should have a proven ability to teach the following courses: Architectural Design Studios, Architectural Engineering Capstone Project, Construction Drawings, Interior Design, and Building Services Engineering
- Instructors (use code ARE-78) (Masters Holders in Civil/Structural Engineering) should have a proven ability to teach the following courses: Geotechnical Engineering, Steel Design, Structural Mechanics, Reinforced Concrete, and Capstone Projects
- ARE Lab Technician (use code ARE-5) (Bachelor or Masters Holder): should have a previous work experience in using and operating, but not limited to, CNC machines, Laser Cutters, 3D Printers, and WaterJet Machines. He will manage equipped facilities designated for building models, architectural and design fabrication, exploring building systems, and the equipment, technologies, and materials at the facilities. He will also work with students in model construction and studio projects, providing consultation and support to students and faculty at the department.
- Thermo-fluid: The faculty member will teach fundamental courses on thermofluids (Fluid Dynamics; Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer). The member will teach Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) and energy managements in buildings. Currently, the department is supporting the Architectural Engineering program on the HVAC course beside the departmental requirement. The rank will be based on experience.
- Material Engineering: The faculty member will teach fundamental courses on material engineering and design. Also, the member should able to teach finite element methods and fundamentals of engineering courses.
- Mechanics: The faculty member will teach vibration, instrumentation and control, machine design. Also, the member should able to teach the fundamentals of engineering courses, such as Dynamics, and Statics.
Quality, Operations Research (Deterministic and Stochastic Modeling), Simulation, Product Development and Production and Service Systems Planning.
Software Requirements and Design, Software Architecture, Software Development and Testing, Software Security, Mobile and Web App Development,Cloud Computing, Big Data and Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Applications will be assessed as they are received and the positions will remain open until filled or the search is closed. Both genders are welcome to apply. Currently, male and female students are enrolled in the College of Engineering.
The remuneration package includes an internationally competitive salary, housing allowance, relocation allowance. Contribution to pension, education allowance for up to three children, medical and life insurance.
Please submit your CV, cover letter, teaching philosophy, research statement and copies of all university transcripts and diplomas at:
You may send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.