Job Opportunities in Alfaisal University for Graphic Designer (NAC #21017)
The Graphic Designer is responsible to evaluate client needs, conceptual ideas, and create visual designs using sophisticated computer equipment and software programs to produce artwork for marketing materials within established budgets.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Meets with clients initially to determine needs, budget and deadlines; meets subsequently to discuss changes and finalize project.
- Researches and studies ideas related to each assignment and project; conceptualizes original work to communicate intent of assignment / project.
- Develops cost estimates for clients by balancing the needs of the assignment / project with the available budget.
- Designs a wide range of artistic material, e.g. catalog, poster, brochure, billboard, etc. using sophisticated computer equipment and software programs.
- Produces art for assigned projects by following a pasteboard technique on the computer, and finalizes in a manner that is ready for printing.
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, selects style and size of type, chooses color/s and arranges layout based upon available space.
- Completes pre-press check by ensuring colors and saturation are exact, overlap properly and do not leave gaps, and ensures inks are solid and in the correct place.
- Coordinates with printing press representatives on printing specifications and layouts.
- Consults with outside vendors including photographers, illustrators and/or production artists to meet particular styles of photography, or illustration.
- Submits updated reports concerned with new graphic design software’s and hardware’s.
- Public Relations Director
- IT Department
- Finance & Accounting Department
- Printing Press
- Media Agencies
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design.
- 4 - 5 years of professional design experience, preferably in a university or school environment.