Public Relations & Media Officer #(NAC #171217)
The Public Relations and Media Officer is responsible for providing strategic communications plans and implementing public relations programs and strategies that serve to enhance the public image of the University and promotes its mission, programs, activities and services for general and specialized audiences.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops Public Relations & Media Department business plan, budget and resources while ensuring alignment with Alfaisal University’s overall strategy and direction.
- Develops adequate policies, procedures and processes for the Public Relations & Media Department to maintain efficient operational excellence to achieve Alfaisal University’s overall strategic objectives.
- Assists the VP for University Advancement in providing strategic communications, public affairs and media relations as well as generating promotional ideas and activities.
- Provides direct counsel to the president and coordinates the University PR&M activities.
- Serves on the senior management team for University Relations and Supervises the PR & Media Units at Alfaisal University.
- Identifies issues developing both internally and externally to the University community that have the potential to generate public interest and affect the University’s external reputation.
- Works with the VP for University Advancement to conceive and implement annual and short-term communications plans for specific events or situations, including crisis communications plans.
- Works with the Executive Management team to develop background information on key institutional priorities and issues.
- Maintains strong contacts with key academic and administrative areas of the University in order to stay informed about trends, issues, policies, and strategic priorities.
- Research, write and edit written communications, including talking points, press releases, statements, letters, opinions pieces, and background information on sensitive or complex University and board of Regents matters, often with senior University executives.
- Responds as needed to media inquiries for information; provide reporters with background materials and link them with appropriate University spokesperson and sources; and act as institutional spokesperson to the news media when directed by the VP for Development, the President and Vice Presidents.
- Manages and implements University Relations efforts to provide media training for University officials. And Creates, implements, and measures the success of all university communications and public relations activities and material including publications and media relations.
- Prepares, distributes news releases, story ideas, photographs, videos and graphics to media representative and other University constituencies, and develop content and designs of all publications and online media.
- Holds Responsibility for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all university publications, and matches the appearance of all University print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures.
- Monitors media interest in the University and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Leads Project as assigned, such as special events, and effectively enable volunteers and staff so they help when needed.
- Provides guidance, support, leadership, and conducts annual performance appraisal management for subordinates to ensure effective and efficient flow of work, and ensures that all employees recognize their fundamental roles to achieve the University’s overall objectives.
- VP for Development
- Executive Management Team
- Director of Marketing
- PR & Median Agencies
- Affiliates/ Partners
- Business Forums
- Concerned Governmental Organizations
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s preferably Master's Degree in Public relations, Mass Communications, Marketing or other related field or equivalency.
- 3 – 5 years of related and relevant experience, preferably in university’s and schools environment.