Job Opportunities in Alfaisal University Library for Reference Librarian (Female) (NAC #14617)
Alfaisal University Library seeks an innovative, service-oriented female reference librarian who will develop information resources for the Medicine, Business, Sciences and Engineering colleges.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expert reference, instruction, outreach services
- Develop and manage collections
- Address the learning, teaching, research needs of faculty and students and keep up-to-date with professional activities and trends affecting librarianship.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, overseeing, and evaluating collections in the areas of Business, Engineering, Science, and Medicine.
- Serve as library liaison to colleges, which offer curricular programs ranging from undergraduate through master.
- Provide proactive support for research and scholarly communication to students and faculty
- .Participate in general and specialized reference and research services, as well as providing in-depth consultation with faculty and students in liaison colleges;
- Develop and maintain a web presence for assigned subject areas.
- Develop, plan, conduct, and assess library collection and instruction for relevant areas.
- Work collaboratively with other subject selectors, faculty, students on collection development activities by selecting print and electronic databases, serials, books, and other formats, as appropriate, primarily in business, engineering, science, medical sciences, and in other disciplines, as assigned
- Assist in organizing the “How to Choose your Major Lecture” and broadcast the invitation to a huge number of high school students.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science as minimum.
- 3 - 5 years of related and relevant experience in academic Libraries
- Strong public services orientation
- Good oral and written communication skills (Both English and Arabic)
- Familiarity with emerging library technologies and web application such as Springshare
- Strong technology skills; extensive knowledge of commonly used Library software applications Demonstrated strong reference and library instruction skills in classroom and one-on-one settings
- Skills necessary to serve students/faculty in person and at a distance
- Skills necessary to serve working practitioners seeking advanced degrees
- Willing and able to utilize technologies selected by the University Library