Job Opportunities in Alfaisal University Library for Administrative Assistant (NAC #25717)
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing all secretarial, administrative and clerical functions for the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative assistance and administrative support services to the Finance and VP of Administration including reports, letters, statistical charts and other materials.
- Handles required administrative matters regarding day-to-day operations and procedures for the Finance and Administration Office, and ensures that all activities relating to the VP of Finance Administration function comply with Finance and Administration Policies and procedures and University‘s bylaws.
- Executes the day to day operational activities of the Finance and Administration Office as directed by the VP including screening calls, making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing and processing invoices, preparing and tracking purchase requisition, preparing reports and financial data and other activities.
- Answers incoming calls, reviews and screens incoming and outgoing correspondence and materials directed to VP for Finance and Administration and brings significant items to his attention.
- Reads and analyzes memos, drafts replies, and prepare reports for the Finance and Administration Office. Billing as require.
- Produces accurate and timely, letters in English and Arabic, Minutes of Meetings, documents, MIS reports and spreadsheets for the VP for Finance and Administration using appropriate software.
- Ensures confidential & security of the VP’s office.
- Coordinates with IT Department and other Departments for the installation/modification of telecommunications and computer network connections for the Finance and Administration Office. Insures that all telecommunication is always functions proper in VP office
- Creates and maintains an effective filing system where reference indexing, updates and retrieval process are used.
- Greets visitors and determines when they can see VP.
- . Manages the appointment schedule for VP admin and finance.
- . Liaises with the Facilities Department to ensure availability of sufficient stationery and supplies for the Finance and Administration Office.
- Schedules events, programs, and meetings, prepares agendas and makes arrangements for committee, board, other meetings as per instructions & needs of VP.
- Maintains good communication with faculty and staff to ensure that all correspondence is handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Stays knowledgeable and keeps abreast about all aspects of the University.
- Participates in other initiatives, projects and programs as per the directions of the VP for Finance and Administration and reports progress on these projects and programs on regular basis. Education & Experience Bachelor’s in Business or other related field.3 - 5 years of related and relevant experience, preferably in educational institution or acceptable equivalent