Visual content officer (NAC#150519)
Marketing & Public Relations
External Relations & Advancement
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- To capture high quality, compelling photographs for all events, visits and activities for the University
- The ideal candidate should come from a creative background and have a keen artistic eye for what looks good and what needs to be discarded and re-shot.
- Shoot assigned visits, student activities, events, lectures, ceremonies, and in a creative, clear and accurate manner as situation dictates.
- Edit and send out pictures daily and regularly under deadline pressure and back up everything to a shared folder on the university server and hard drive.
- Build a database of photographs reflecting campus life, lab activities, teaching environment and student life
- Maintain quality standards and in-line with university’s visual guidelines
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working order and report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Perform other duties, which may be assigned by head of department/manager
- Archive, Organize, and Constantly develop internal/shared library (server and hard drive).
- To meet daily expectations and deadlines and to maximize efficiency; demonstrating self-motivation, and strong time management and organizational skills.
- Research new ideas and propose innovative ideas to the department
- Shoot random photos that can be used on the advertisement ways.
- Provide the production team with needed photos on time.
- Photography degree or certificate from accredited photography program.
- 2+ years hands-on professional experience working
- Experience with Canon camera systems.
- Knowledge of studio lighting equipment (strobe, modifiers, etc.).
- Professional-Level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Photoshop (i.e. silhouetting, creating shadows, blending, filters, masks, etc.).
- Knowledge of all photographic formats and files.
- A portfolio of work that speaks to these skills and speaks for itself.